Friday, October 30, 2015

If Not Amway, Then What Should I Do?

One of the humorous things that IBOs say on my blog is if Amway isn't such a great deal, then why don't we offer a better solution? I guess it's not enough that there are facts and experiences posted here so that information seekers can find and make informed decisions about joining or not joining Amway, but we must also suggest better options? Well, I will offer some. I am not advising anyone to listen to my thoughts and opinions and I think you should not act on what you read what's here without doing your due diligence and your own soul searching. That said, here are my opinions on what may be better than Amway:

1. Be a better steward of the money you already have. Many people have enough income but simply channel too much of it to things they don't need. A daily $5 cup of starbucks for example. Disciplined saving and investing. Eliminating certain optional expenses can add up to a lot of money over the course of a month or a year.

2. Get a second job and set aside a portion for saving and investing. You will not only have more discretionary cash, but also more to be able to set aside for your golden years. Try to find a job that's not so stressful and something you may have fun with. For example, working part time at a sporting goods store or golf course would be something that I might enjoy.

3. Start your own small business. The biggest issue with Amway, in my opinion is the endless supply of training that uplines sell. It causes most "serious" IBOs to end up with a net loss. You can find a niche product and sell it on ebay or craigslist, unlike Amway products. Another type of small business might be something like learning to do minor household repairs or installing hardwood flooring. These kinds of services are quite common and can be lucrative.

4. Do nothing. Since most business building IBOs lose money, doing nothing, although comical, actually makes you better financialy off than losing money because of functions and standing orders.

5. Spend more time with your family. Ironically, many IBOs have this as a goal, but actually spend less time with family because of Amway related activities.

There you have it folks. There are some ideaas of what might be better than spending your time and money participating in the Amway business and the Amway motivational organizations. While these are only ideas, only you can decide what is best for you and your family. In whatever you decide to do, I wish you well.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello , being an IBO i'm not agree with many points . they seems to me funny because they don't respect the activity at all and it's seems a confusing idea of the business.
1) Do nothing = lose money absolutely not true . that's the difference with traditional business idea. My brother stopped the activity 2 years ago and it's earning without doing nothing.
2)"many IBOs have this as a goal, but actually spend less time with family" : true!
Better work hard for a couple of years and arrive at freedom spending the rest of your life with family or do nothing spent 1 hour at day for the rest of your life? sacrifice it's the base of every activities in the world.

I would recommend to ask and go deeper in the Amway activity , give you the opportunity to understand the business ( it's free !) then you'll have a different idea for sure.
I was one of those people close-minded and i gave myself the opportunity to understand it and then i said wow ! I was part of the system without having benefit of it.
Then , in general , the educational program in Amway it's absolutely useful for daily life and for every situation along the whole life.

For many times , in my case, i had a bad impression of the business looking at Internet where people , in general, talk about their frustration instead of their success and reward toward others. Reading at blog averyone will have a bad impression . Speak with one person into the business is the only way to understand it ( that's what happened to me). Thank you for your blog because anyway was not offensive and , as you wrote, "these are only ideas" .
Regards and wish you a fabulous life

Anonymous said...

You can do many things to make extra money. But the smartest financial decision you'll ever make is to stay out of Amway.

Joecool said...

Who does nothing and makes money in Amway? That sounds fishy to me. Even so, most IBOs lose money because the dedicated ones end up paying for tools which eats up any profit they might have made.

FYI, I was in Amway so I write about my own experience.

Joecool said...

Agreed. Oe of my ideas is to d nothing. Much more lucrative than doing Amway.

Anonymous said...

Bro you cant be "in" Amway unless you actually work at the manufacturing facility in Ada, Michigan. I honestly think that you pulled the short straw with whoever introduced you to the idea because I can tell that you did NOT earn an offer to go into business WITH mentorship. The mentorship aspect makes using Amway to make money possible since no one knows how to be a business owner after graduating college.

I HAVE NEVER BEEN TOLD TO GO INTO DEBT. I am still spending the same amount of money each month that I normally would. Except instead of spending it on things like strippers, alcohol, weed and eating out I am spending it on books and products that help me grow as a business owner and as a person. Now you can spend your money on whatever you want, but I want to create a future for my family. I am not being selfish in my purchases because the purpose of building a business is to create an ongoing residual income that does not go away after you die...

I have been leveraging Amway as a MANUFACTURER and using World Wide Group as an EDUCATION system to help me be successful. In less than 2 months, my business account has 868.98 dollars in it simply because I have followed some very basic instructions.

I understand that you had a bad experience, but please realize that if this was a scam and no one made any money, then why has this free enterprise system been around for more than 50 years? Why has the Amway manufacturer grown from less than 500 million dollars in yearly sales to almost 12 billion?

I know you're planning on cussing me out and playing the "Oh wow they sure brainwashed you good!" card. Just save it. I want you to know that if you spent the same amount of time working on building your business that you have spent on this blog, you would be likely be making AT LEAST 60k a year in your sleep. Im not mad at you, but I just wish that you could understand that business opportunity has helped HOMELESS people achieve success. Name one job that you know of that even would even consider helping a homeless person.

I am an Electrical Engineer based on my degree. I am very logical and analytical and check out everything before making a commitment. I knew that I was going to be well off no matter what I chose to do with my free time because I put the hard work in during college while also partying hard. After graduating I decided I was going to put the childish stuff behind me and go all in with something that is going to provide for my future children. I am excited to put in the hard work that it takes to be successful when using Amway's business model.

Life is a journey and it is not meant to be spent in a cubicle or working wherever you may work. Explore your passions and find out what really makes you happy in life! If you are able to be happy in what you are doing then you can live life to the fullest! I love talking to people and giving people opportunity to take control of their life. I am happy to educate anyone I meet on principles of success that apply to areas of life other than just what I am focusing on. Each day I go out and I talk to people and allow people to know that they are just as valuable as anyone else. I want everyone to understand that they have the potential for greatness! I believe that you could do some amazing things if you put your mind to it Joe. Figure out your dreams and goals and do anything it takes to get them. If you already have them, first of all congratulations, and second of all set new goals! Strive for greatness and I believe in you.

Thanks for taking the time to read and have a blessed day.

Stay well, stay healthy.

Peace.

-George V