Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The "Truth" About Amway?

Comment left on Happy Franchisee blog:

http://www.unhappyfranchisee.com/will-amway-make-you-annoying/

mary on December 5th, 2011 10:35 am

My husband and I were involved in the Amway/Quixtar business for 13 years. We worked very hard, attended all the meetings, reached the direct level, and made very little money. Thank God for Dateline. We were convinced that this was a reputable business,the people were great….so we thought. Then we found out the truth. The majority of the money that was told to us was suppose to be on the products and sponsoring /helping others,l was actually made on the books,tapes and seminars. You know they tell you that the speakers take the time from their families to give back to the business. Totally false ! The speakers are paid to perform. That is how they make money. Please believe me when I say that you are not being stupid just convinced by people you trust that you will make money. We went to our sponsors and told them we know how they are making money. We watched Dateline , years ago and still could not believe how we were tricked. It is sad that people will continue to believe this opportunity will produce millionaires. Most of the people in our upline were sued by other people and eventually went on to another scam. I know you will find this hard to believe. I did too. I am now reading all this information and at one time felt the same way. Again you are not stupid… just misinformed. We worked long hours, left our children with sitters, argued with our family , and listened to our upline to not believe the internet. If you make money at this business it will be on the books, tapes, seminars and speaking. We could not comprehend how our upline could have lied to us… they were good people that also got caught up in the lies. It is really difficult to listen to someone speak highly of this business, I know I would defend the products and the system too. I also thought I knew what was going on but I did not know the truth. Find another way to make money you, will be glad you found out now.

19 comments:

rohit said...

i have just joined amway and im an MBA so probably im aware when an MLM becomes a ponzi scheme, or a pyramid scheme, and it is not a pyramid scheme since there is an opportunity to Downline to even earn more than Upline, its not a ponzi because profit is made from sale of quality prod., if you want more clearance on this topic or want to achive financial freedom, time, money, peace of mind, world tour, and good character, email me at rohit.pahalwan@gmail.com and i'll show you a part time legal business and a legal and sucessful way to achieve and develop that. god bless.

Joecool said...

Rohit, I don't think anyone is saying that Amway is illegal. They are basically a legal pyramid scheme. They are legal because they sell a product. Being able to earn more than your sponsor means nothing. That isn't hard, given that most people do nothing or quit. You'll never earn more than the established double diamonds etal because they control the real money. The real money is in the tools (cds, books, seminars)

ragzzz said...

Please let me know about your part time legal business idea.

Anonymous said...

Rohit. Please do not peddle your own business idea to unsuspecting people in a post which is otherwise real and informative.
- Rohit

Anonymous said...

I totally sold out to the quickstar/amway business, Dream big, go to all the meetings, read the books,listen to the cd s , do a hundred points on ditto and buy/sell two hundred more by the end of the month and most important of all, gotta go the functions. I wasted three years of my life trying to show the plan 4 to 5 nights a week."Never give up" my up line said. Then i lost my job, didnt help i was showing u late and exhausted from meetings and showing the plan all hours of the night. U gotta do a hundred pts, they said as we lost our house,here buy this cd and book they said as we lost our car. Then we you are flat broke and cant buy books,cds or go the the functions,they are gone my upline,best pal,going to peter island together friends are gone, i am broke and not worth thier time. So good luck to all the new IBO's. I gave it my all and gained nothing, all my crossline and upline are still hard at it, its awesome nows the time, you should come back,better than ever, i laugh because they all have the same jobs,cars and same old sales pitch, have you tried the new XS. Its been 4 years since my Amway business closed and i have an awesome job making good money, with friends who love me even if i dont go the the meetings or use tide to wash my clothes. So if you are into running off all your friends, begging your family to buy from you, not wal-mart and lying to strangers at
the gas station that u have a marking business and looking for help, then go for it.

Anonymous said...

so sad, yet so true...

Anonymous said...

I was former IBO and has been doing that for three years....finally quit as I realized at the REAL picture that I actually spend alot of money on stuff to sell but I earn VERY VERY little profit....that's cheap !!! That Quixtar I was involved, if you want to be millionare...have to spend alot of time and money before you can receive it back....in VERY long time in the future! That's not worth it. I admit the HARD TRUTH when I quit and decided to do MY REAL business as lawn mower and guess what ? I made REAL profit each month compare to sucker Quixtar offer that ! I never forget I spend about 500 dollars per month on Quixtar products to sell and made only 15 dollars profits send in check from Quixtar ! Image that ?? Spend near 500 dollars and you reap 15 dollars profit !! That ugly picture but here is REAL picture I found when I started lawn mower business I made 500 to 1,000 a month when I started first three months . I was amazed how huge difference doing my REAL own business comapre to working for DREAM own business like quixtar ! I ADVISE anyone read this...DON'T JOIN quixtar or amyway !! They will rip your money and your dream away !

Anonymous said...

+1

Anonymous said...

If something is too good to be true, then it is false! Not one single person I know has any amway products! Not a single product by anyone! Who and why are people buying this?

Anonymous said...

Economics' Efficiency: There is no way to make some people better off without making other people worse off !

Anonymous said...

Anonymous August 10, 2013 at 0022 a.m.
Some of bloody basterds are writing all fake stories to defame Amway without having proper knowledge about it. If you are spitting on the Sun, you will dirty your own face. You bloody fox don't misuse the technology.

Joecool said...

Don't need fake stories. There's enough Amway horror stories littering the internet all over the place.

Anonymous said...

+1

Anonymous said...

robot

Anonymous said...

i dont beleive in amway, i have some friend they told me they are making money, but is not true totally. the ones that earn more money is because the cheat more people, the more you earn the more you cheat.

Truth... said...

Amway, Amway Global (formerly Quixtar) is a pyramid scheme and the largest; as is: Nu Skin, Herbalife, Mary Kay, Vemma, ACN Inc, Primerica...and the list goes on.

Don't buy into these folks, look for a better, or "real", future else where.

Joecool said...

Agreed

Anonymous said...

Amway true or false kindly advice

Joecool said...

Amway is false