Monday, April 25, 2011

Amway New And Different?

When I was a young IBO, I saw the plan and thought it was realistic to go direct and to find six (6) downlines who could do the same thing. I didn't know the realistic chances of doing this, but the presentation made sense so I went with it. I basically built my group on excitement and it seemed like the system could work. Sadly, as I climbed the ranks, my bottom line did not change. I did not "net" $200 at the 1000 PV level, and I did not "net" $1000 a month at 4000 PV as my upline taught. I had the parameters they taught, but the reality was my leaders taught everyone to pump what little profits we earned into buying more tools.

My leaders also taught people to get out of debt, which was good advice on the surface, but at the same time, any disposable income left over was to be channeled into tools, and for those who did not escape debt, they were told it was okay to go deeper in debt, but only if it was to "invest" in their businesses by purchasing more tools. Thus it certainly appears that upline's advice was purely self serving and had nothing to do with an IBO's individual success.

I was in WWDB and they (upline) said that WWDB was breaking the most new diamonds and that WWDB diamonds were the most profitable. So here it is a dozen years later, where are all these new diamonds? Aside from from foreign diamonds, there are (I believe) less than 4 new diamonds from WWDB in the US from the time I left the business. Now I may be wrong, but even it was a few more than 4 new diamonds, that is a miserable success rate given the amount of cash spent by downline on tools and the claims made my upline about the tools.

We have also seen some WWDB diamonds end up in home foreclosures. Where is the integrity and financial acumen these leaders boasted about? Where is the success and long term financial security available to everyone that was touted? I believe more diamonds and emeralds fell out of qualification than new pins emerged. The business was promoted as one that would stand the test of time. Sadly, I believe WWDB and the Amway opportunity as promoted by WWDB has been a miserable failure.
There is little success to speak of, just he same old tired diamonds showing off a lifestyle that some of them apparently can no longer afford. Where is the success?

It is years later and we are still waiting.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best one I've heard is, 'But it's not like that anymore.'

Did I hear you correctly? It's not LIKE THAT anymore? Like what, exactly? Like a fraud? Like a drain on finances? Like a relationship-destroying entity? Like a cancer to your soul?

Exactly what is it not like?

Am I to believe now, that the first 50 years of amway's existince was wrong? It's not LIKE THAT anymore?

So what the hell do you do with the millions who were destroyed for the first 50 years? Dismiss them as idiots for having been duped?

By declaring that amway 'isn't like that anymore,' they are making our case for us. They are admitting what we say is true.

Thank you.

But, and this is a HUGE but, you are complete fools if you think amway will change one thing. It's the same amway wrapped up in new and improved platitudes. But in the end you will still be broke and furious.

Aurora