Friday, January 14, 2011

Crabs In A Pot?

Another funny story told by my uplines, and apparently still told today is the story of the crabs in a pot. That crabs will prevent other crabs who want to escape the pot by pulling them back in or pulling them down. The story goes that people in the working world also do this, by stepping on others to get ahead. I've never actually seen for myself if crabs actually pull each other down if one of them tries to escape, but I suppose it might be true. I do know of some people who will do anything to get ahead and they can be ruthless.

But the people who are willing to sacrifice others to get ahead do not appear to the the majority, but the exception. Many people are willing to work a career job and maybe over time, they move up the corporate ladder. Many people do this without having to "pull people down" in order to succeed. I believe this crab in the pot is just another ploy by uplines to get IBOs to think that their friends and family, by warning them of the potential perils of Amway, are just crabs pulling you back into the pot. It simply isn't true. Think about it, why are there so many negative stories and experiences floating around out there about Amway and the tool systems? Why is there a lack of new success continuosly emerging fro Amway? Who do diamonds quit or walk away from the business under unfriendly terms? Where are all the people who retired and walk the beaches of the world? Why do crown ambassadors keep working?

Maybe the success you think there is in Amway simply doesn't exist. Let me repeat. Maybe the success you were led to believe exists in Amway, just isn't there. Amway's been around more than 50 years. Why can't anyone name a dozen or so people who built their Amway business once, then walked away, collecting significant income since? I wonder why Amway doesn't advertise this as a benefit of being an IBO?

Speaking of crabs in a pot. Ever wonder why all these virtuous diamonds break away from their beloved mentors to form their own groups? Ever wonder why there are countless issues of diamonds suing diamonds over tool income? If the money coming in is uncountable, why can't these diamonds come to a peaceful agreement? Why use lawyers which many diamonds talk about a evil because lawsuits are often about getting something for nothing.

Maybe it is the diamonds themselves who are crabs in the pot, all pulling each other down whenever one of them is on the verge of success?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoeCool, you're the crab. You pull down IBO's. You steal their dreams and pull them back to the miserable failure where you are. Why don't you be part of the solution instead of the problem?

Former WWDB Member said...

How does Joecool pull anyone down? These articles are here and you search and choose to read them. If you are so fragile that reading an article about someone else's experience will make you quit, then maybe it wasn't really your dream after all?

David said...

Anon at 10:34PM: I am assuming that you are "CORE". Are you willing to show me your income and expense sheets for your Amway business? Are you showing a profit for your efforts? Sorry I have to rain on your parade, but the facts do matter, no matter how big the dream. In this case, the escape from reality. Let us all know how you are doing will you? If your numbers are strong enough, I may consider asking you to sponsor me, to find out what valuable tips and secrets you have to build a successful Amway business.

Anonymous said...

anon, SHOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

looks like the only REAL crab on here is that peabrain anon from canada!

Anonymous said...

well, ya know what they say: what goes around comes around..

kiwi said...

David, I love your line of questioning. Those are the simple things I have wanted my scamway, eh, I mean Amway contacts to show me. They never can show me the money. I know they hate those dreaded J-O-B-S that pay for sick time, food on our table, shelter, vacation days and even further education (go figure!), but no one, at least not that I have met, would take a job without knowing how much money they could expect to be making. And I mean now, not in 20 years after you try and recruit x amount of people and sell x amount of product monthly. But I guess that's why it's a dream...

PS. has anyone watched the office episode where Michael Scott tries to convince his coworkers to sign up for a pyramid scheme? TOO funny.